The plan begins to take shape. The guys are starting to build the front window display platform. Now I am beginning to be able to see the space even though some of the former tenants furniture is still there. The platform is built so that it can be removed at any time in case I have a tall piece to be displayed. The plan is to hang a back board for display even though I have not figured that part out yet - John and I are still thinking about how that is going to work. The floor is sort of interesting and rustic and I am contemplating keeping it. In the far back of the shop where the custom interior design/ fabric area will be, we move in a large console to see exactly how to lay the space out and how far up to build the display shelves. Already it looks much better than the first day I signed the lease! The display platform and back board are completed. John has made the back board from light weight pine so that I will be able to lift it out with another girl to change the display. The size of the board is made to display a two yard, 54" wide cut of fabric or wallpaper. Much to my dismay there are not always wonderful men with muscles around to help! The window displays have to be changed very often during the Hamptons summer season (I did six this season) so it has to be quick and easy for me to do it by myself in the evenings. The guys are busy dismantling the back shell pink office (yuck!) This space is tucked behind the fabric area. In my old shop there was no hidden office space - so I am really happy to be able to conceal all the office equipment, binders, and source books back here. Cannot wait to get rid of all traces of the awful dirty dingy pink walls! The guys finish up the construction and clean up. It is only now that I see these strange alien like markings on the floor! Those definately have to go! The walls, display platform, and shelving have been painted - so now the windows get covered up until the store opens. Notice stuff from the old tenant is still sitting in the middle of the room!